1. Name of NGO: Unnayan Shahojogy Team (UST)
2. Establish year and Short description: Unnayan Shahojogy Team (UST) was founded in June 1986 as a non-profitable non-governmental organization to help the poor and the disadvantaged women through awareness building and skill development training to become self-reliant. At that time, most of the people in UST working areas (remote Char areas of deltaic Bangladesh) were very poor, had no opportunity to send their children for education and they faced hardship to maintain their livelihoods. They couldn't meet their basic needs. Women were oppressed and vulnerable. UST unearthed a gloomy picture of the society, where there was widespread poverty. People couldn't manage food for three times or even twice a day. People used to borrow money from the rich and ultimately embraced the curse of becoming landless poor. Most of the people couldn't get 1850 kcal per day in their meal. UST started its field operations on January 1987 in four Upazilas: Sonargaon Upazila of Narayangonj district, Sadar Upazila of Tangail district, Shaghata and Sadar Upazilas of Gaibandha district. Gradually it expanded its operation over other districts, through her partner organizations.
3. NGO Buro registration no and Date:It is registered with the NGO Affairs Bureau, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh (Reg. No. 291). It was registered in 14/4/1989
4. Office Head Name and designation:MD Saydur Rahaman, Project Manager, ACCWCA Project
5. List of Ongoing Project:
6. Photo of existing office:
Printed Hardcopy is attached
7. Office Address:
I. Hridoy villa, Adjacent to Water Development Bord, Police lines, Post: Dhanuka, Thana: Shariatpur Sadar (Palong), Dis: Shariatpur.
II. Telephone no: (+8802) 8129429, 8116758 (Head Office)
III. Mobile No: 01712699452, 01917895600, 01717666659
V. Official Web Site: www.ustbd.org
Thanks with Best Regards
Khan Abdul Motaleb
[বিঃদ্রঃ এনজিওর প্রদত্ত তথ্যের দায়-দায়িত্ব সংশ্লিষ্ট এনজিও বহন করবে]